25 July 2010

PRESENTING!

KILROY!
Kilroy is a Male Golden Retriever. He is the first born of 8 puppies. He has 5 brothers and 2 sisters. I actually got to go to Guiding Eyes and pick him up! It was a great trip! I brought back and delivered 9 other puppies to their raisers! Puppies inclueded Joel and his brothers and 2 of Kilroy's siblings. What a fantastic experience! Kilroy is settling in great! He is quiet in the crate and has been sleeping ~5 hours give or take (mostly take) and will go potty and come back in and go back to sleep. We are doing really well on sit (for food and doors as well as just plain sit) and walking on a loose lead. He already has stairs ( a full set up AND down) under his belt which is quite impressive for 8 weeks. He is such a fun little man. I am so honored to be able to watch him grow!
The winner of the name contest is Megan and Picassa! She correctly guessed the sex and the breed and she also correctly guessed a sibling name. Since no one correctly guessed Kilroys name and I had multiple guesses for male Golden to determine a winner I added sibling names too. Congrats Megan! I will be contacting you shortly :-)

7 comments:

Emily and Joel said...

I am seriously in love with his little face! He's such a baby!

Maddie, Betsy, Jorinda, and Petuina said...

He is so cute!! :)

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

Congrats, he is such a cutie!

Megan and Orleans said...

He has the cutest face I have ever seen and it sounds like he is off to a fantastic start. And, YAY, I am usually so bad at these games. How exciting! :D

Lisa and pups said...

Love the name - he's so adorable.

Kinipella said...

Hi there! Nice to see your dog-devoted blog :)

I wanted to ask...have you ever read, "Dear Kilroy"? I got it from the library, and it was actually written by a woman who raised guide puppies out in California (she writes about a dog named Kilroy, as well as many others). I even got in contact with her via email a while ago to chat about dogs...it's simply adorable if you're a raiser! Definitely look into it if you haven't already! :)

Good luck with the little guy!

Sparkles! said...

He's sooo cute!